• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 Shop Van external AC connector plug.

FIREDOG

I've looked at all the surplus and parts sites can't seem to find a plug for a M109A3 that I just bought

I'm looking for the plug (male) to fit the 2-prong (female) recptacle on a M109A3 shop van body to supply AC to the breaker box inside.

Thanks!

m109guy

I just installed a new connector instead. Why bother with the original connector which is expensive to buy, then a pain to install because it is set so high.

Since my truck is also a camper, I installed a standard RV connection, as well as a regular outlet (so that I can also use any old extension cord sitting around). This makes setup super easy and more flexible. The original connection is nice, but it is made to take a serious amount of amperage, which I will never need. Mine are 30amps, and I have calculated that even with everything I have in the truck on (lights, heater, fridge, pumps, etc) I would only take 20amps max.

I drilled some holes, ran wiring up to the panel inside, then screwed the outlets to the side of the truck.

I have since painted them, but here they are when I finished installing them this summer:

Last edited:

m109guy

Both outlets can easily be found at your local RV place. The top one cost like $5 for the cover, and another $5 for the box. The bottom is from the ParkPower line by Marinco (part #301ELRV from Marinco) and cost me $50 (item #14294 in the picture).

Right click on the picture and select "open link in new window" to see a bigger version of the picture.

Last edited:

Munk

M109GUY, when you did the 110 change over on the rv what was behind the plug for the the 110? Can you unbolt the screw off tube section and replace just the end (where the large 2 prong plug in is) so you could use a regular extension cord? I hope i asked that right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks