• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101/2 Trailer 8 lug to 6 lug adapter questions...

TacticalDoc

I have an M1101/2 trailer coming next week. It will be for my 2010 Silverado 1500 which has 6x5.5 lug wheels (tires are 33" or 285 70 17). I have questions regarding 2 things:

1. I want to have the same tires and rims on the M1101 as I do on my Silverado. The reason for this is to have extra spare tires, look the same as the other tires, and lower the trailer bed so its not tilted forward. To do this I need 8x6.5 to 6x5.5 lug adapters but the place I'm buying them from wants to know the hub dimensions (circumference and length). does this make sense since the wheels are lug centric and not hub centric? Does anyone know the Hub Size (diameter and length)?

2. Will an 8 inch plate for my pintle hitch be enough or will I need a 12 inch plate?

if there are other suggestions please let me know what you think.

EDIT:::
If I go with standard 8x6.5 chevy rims do the just bolt on? I might just do this since its easier.

Last edited:

TacticalDoc

I found these two adapters:

I would really like to have the same size tires on my trailer as I do on my truck with same lug pattern. i just want to make sure it doesnt need modification...just bolt on

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks