• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 Bearing set

djglover7

All,

Just "re-found" this thread. Hope there are others still working M1101/M1102 builds.

I am building up an M1102 and currently have completed...

1) Wheel swap to GM 8-lug
2) Fuel tray on front (Scepters and 20# propane)
3) E-track points on exterior
4) Stabilization leg relocation/mods

The info on the bearings is great. My M1102 was basically new when purchased at Ft. Hood,
so I am hoping the bearings and seals are good for now. I do want a spare set for travels.

Question: has anyone ever installed "Bearing Buddies" to these spindles?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t hope…….CHECK

If you haven’t physically looked at your bearings yet, recommend you do so ASAP.

They are probably fine, but lots of examples of trailer looking just fine, and bearing’s are toast with rust and/or no grease, etc.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming your trailer is "new" 10 or more years ago, you SHOULD repack them anyways. It's a simple process and only takes a couple of hours to do both sides. Also gets you familiar with tearing it down so if you ever had to do so on the side of a road, it will be a simple process. Carrying one spare set is always a good thing, but regular maintenance will prevent that from happening 99 percent of the time.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are all correct and they will inspected and repacked.

Has anyone ever used Bearing Buddies on an M1101/M1102?
I have not, but kind of thinking the same as Tinstar on this one. I would rather tear them apart and regrease them so I can check bearing/cup wear and clean out any stuff that doesn't belong in there (like dirt left from all the mud and yuck I have driven though!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks