• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 Electrical Cable wire colors?

Amer-team

The wire and pin connectors backed out of the connector and I am trying to find a diagram that shows which color wire goes in which hole. For instance, it looks like the red wire is for marker lights and is E.

There are several good threads that point to the direction of how to adapt to civilian usage but they all seem to assume a good connector on the trailer side. From these threads I have figured out the turn signals and marker lights, so it looks like the other wires pertain to blackouts?

In the threads there is a nice wiring diagram but they list wire numbers and I am looking at the same diagram in a TM.

Any help with the rest of the colors. I just need to put the pins back in the right holes. Thanks for the help with this.

As a maintenance point, if you have an 1101, make sure to check the tension on the clamp that puts pressure to keep the wires in the connector head. It is a little irritating when the wires pull out.

Amer-team

I will look thank you. So far I have 4 TM's sitting on my desk and have looked at numerous threads, with no referral to what the color is of the 8 wires in that coupling. There are 4 red and 4 black, with various colored stripes and I have figured out 4 of the 8 from other threads.

Amer-team

Thank you again for the tip. Just looked up 392-14&P. Section 4-19.2. It is essentially the same diagram that I am looking at for another trailer. Was hoping to find somewhere that it said you put red/white in B, Blk/red in J, Black in ? It can be figured out and I will be better for doing so, but they could have made it simpler for someone like me that is not electrically oriented and simple.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amer-team, I assume you are trying to match your vehicle plug configuration to the harness on the 1101. There is a connecting block on the chassis about 1/3 of the way back under the box. If you pull each wire away you will see a small metal number plate. You can match these numbers to the wiring diagram in the TM. It will not be color pertinent but it will tell you the circuit, i.e. "stop light" You can ID the circuit on your vehicle and go from there. Good luck.

Amer-team

Glassk, thank you for that link. I had read that one, that is how 4 of the wires were Id'd, am still trying to figure out the other 4.

Tinwoodsman thank you also. That is where I was going to have to go if no one had an easy way. Once I get it figured out, will write it in my TM and post the results. It also looks like over the years there have been some minor differences in wire colors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks