• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101 platting issues in Canada

dmark4u

Hello everyone,

new member here so don't be upset if this question has already been asked and I missed it looked and search but didn't find so here goes

So I bought a M1101 trailer from NY and had it shipped to me in Ontario Canada. Now I am trying to plate it and the MTO wont let me because it doesn't have a VIN number only a serial number and contract number. Any ideas how I can get it plated ? The registrar of imported Vehicles told me that any trailer without a VIN cannot be admissible to Canada but ive seen some in Alberta and British Columbia so wondering how they got them plated legally ?

Thanks for any input

Mark

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can't offer any advice for your situation. However in Georgia we have the ability to apply for a "homebuilt" trailer VIN. Perhaps that's how they did it?

armytruck63

Most DMV's here in the states are expecting a 17 digit VIN, and the person working at the window usually goes "tilt" if you present them with anything else. The serial number IS the VIN on military vehicles.

Politely ask to speak to a supervisor and see if that will help. In the state of California, you can request an assigned ID number for a trailer - for people who build their own trailers etc.

Hope this helps...

Edit: Patracy types faster than I do...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks