• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 cover question: roof support dimensions

NormB

Have trailer, bows, new cover, no panels NSN 2510-01-522-2107 ( -09, -10).

Thinking this would be easy to fabricate with 1/2" blue poly foam insulation panel and maybe 1/8" plywood/wood paneling as a single sheet.

Not crazy about drilling holes in bows, but will worry about that later, maybe use plastic strap pipe hangers or something to cinch up bows against panel.

I have the manual, part #s, did some web searching and came up with zip (as is often the case in trying to find exact details of MILSPEC items).

Anyone know how wide/long the OEM panels are?

Thanks.

Norm

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have just put the full sheet of foam centered on the bows, there is enough flex in the foam to follow the contours of the bows, the early trap kits didn't have the panels. I have used the Foamular panels on all my tarped trailers and cargo covers. I drill holes in the foam on either side of the bow and used zip ties and use a bandaid size piece of plastic jug/coke bottle to go under the tie so it doesn't get pulled through the foam, if you are using the plywood just skip that step and drill through both.

NormB

Thanks. Figure the foam would fit (4x8 sheet), would put the plywood DOWN to reduce wear against the bows, not trap moisture between cover and foam which might happen anyway.

Looked at the one piece selling on epay so I have an idea how the military had them made. don’t think I need the weight or support for a non-structural part of the assembly when foam should hold everything together and raise the cover a bit for better fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks