• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 M1101 trailer troop seat Modification

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This weekend we are doing the American Royal parade and each year we get more requests to haul Vets. My Deuce has a shelter and doesn't fit the bill, so I had a set of HMMWV troop seats, an extra 1102, drill and some free time. Had to enlarge a couple of slots in the set bases that lined up with the capture nuts and drill a couple of holes where they didn't. Since the seats are just a tad shorter than the tub added a leg on the fronts. Sits level behind the 880, I'll try and get pic's tomorrow of it loaded. And there will be safety straps on both ends. Ran out of time otherwise I would have painted the seats to match the trailer.
001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Murphy strikes X2! Spent yesterday bleeding the surge brake, adjusting the pads and repacked wheel bearings then hooked it up to the M890. Got ready to leave 0530 pitch black started the truck and no parking lights on the trailer, turns and stops worked, plug and unplug ed a couple still no joy so dropped the trailer. Drove on in to KC met up with the rest of the mv's loaded Vet's and truck won't start, got about a 1/2 turn out of the started then the clicks! Pop the hood cleaned battery post and nothing. Left truck at the formation site and did co-driver duties with gbooth . After the parade got another guy who was hauling his Jeep to lend me his battery for the drive home, for the heck of it gave it try starting and presto dead battery came back to life and made the 40 min drive home with a glitch!005.jpg004.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg !009.jpg 008.jpg 007.jpg 006.jpg

Last edited: