• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1102 wiring for civ 7-way plug

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I have a Oct 2006 m1102 trailer which I cut off the mil plug and simply wired in a RV 7-way plug. I was preparing to change bulbs and such. But all my lights function and work correctly.

Marker lights, turn signals, hazards, brakes. Do I still need to change or move around bulbs?

FloridaAKM

If it all works, why change bulbs, unless you want the 12v bulbs in the brake & taillights for increased brightness & safety. The leds for the rest of the functions will work both with 10 to 30vdc. I hope this answered your question.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
You didn't state whether the trailer has LED marker lights or not. If it does not you should change them to 12 volt bulbs if they are 24 volt. You should also swap the 4 taillight bulbs that are used with 12 volt bulbs as well. The right bulbs for the taillights will set you back about $3; that's a lot of safety for only $3...

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
OK, I understand.
All the bulbs are standard incandescent. So swap out the bulbs for the 12v counterparts for a brighter safer day. OK, thanks.
PU-798A Unit = Mep-803a with a M1102 trailer
Rear brake, turn light bulbs #1683 24v bulbs swamped to #1156 12v bulbs
Marker lights all round #1251 24v bulbs swapped to #97 12v bulbs
Trailer plug =cut off mil end, cheap 7-way plug attached.

I am now all at a 12 volt lighting. Yes, brighter and safer.

I put up a post in the PAY IT FORWARD area.
11 #1251 24v bulbs and 2 #1683 bulbs need a new home. contact me.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks