• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151 trouble shooting

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like your EESS box is also missing, when these are in the decommissioning stage they are often picked over for parts.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Like others have said and implied, they used your vehicle as a parts car.

Chris.thetitan

Looks like your EESS box is also missing, when these are in the decommissioning stage they are often picked over for parts.
I know it’s a complete crap shoot to know. But typically when they’re picked for parts was the truck done for or was it running and they picked it for parts because it was the only one running?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't know how the military decides which to surplus out, RWH could probably shed some light on that.
I would suppose some were picked because they were deemed not worth repairing, but suspect most are just in a "block" of trucks picked for disposal. due to age or how they were equipped.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s a REV truck,
You don’t have a TDM or Cadillac valve.

let me tell you what I’ve found on these non-runner trucks after getting them in a few a week for the last couple years…there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to what or why something was done to a truck in regards to what’s missing.
The one constant is the right rear caliper missing or the line disconnected and no brake fluid for the REARs only is gone, leaving the fronts untouched, I’ve seen this on every model truck…my observations:

Engine oil drained 50% of the time
Tcase drained 75% of the time
Diffs drained 20% of the time
Transmission drained 75% of the time
geared Hubs 5%

just made an M1152 run last night…PS reservoir was removed but present, reinstalled…found it had it a rust hole in the bottom-and immediately started leaking, oil cooler rotted and leaking, radiator shot and leaking, other than that…the truck is like brand new, shows 471 miles on odometer, this truck was stationed on a ship or next to the ocean from the corrosion I’m seeing, folks gotta remember these trucks are on Amphibious ships and pre-positioning ships for years.

Chris.thetitan

That’s a REV truck,
You don’t have a TDM or Cadillac valve.

let me tell you what I’ve found on these non-runner trucks after getting them in a few a week for the last couple years…there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to what or why something was done to a truck in regards to what’s missing.
The one constant is the right rear caliper missing or the line disconnected and no brake fluid for the REARs only is gone, leaving the fronts untouched, I’ve seen this on every model truck…my observations:

Engine oil drained 50% of the time
Tcase drained 75% of the time
Diffs drained 20% of the time
Transmission drained 75% of the time
geared Hubs 5%

just made an M1152 run last night…PS reservoir was removed but present, reinstalled…found it had it a rust hole in the bottom-and immediately started leaking, oil cooler rotted and leaking, radiator shot and leaking, other than that…the truck is like brand new, shows 471 miles on odometer, this truck was stationed on a ship or next to the ocean from the corrosion I’m seeing, folks gotta remember these trucks are on Amphibious ships and pre-positioning ships for years.
Do you mind sharing your thoughts on this one?Thanks!

royg

I'm no RWH but your rig looks like a nice one to me.
body is good. seats look mint.
Hood has probably been swapped, it's rougher then the rest.
minimal corrosion on the under world.
hasn't been dunked in paint repeatedly, that's nice if you want to paint it.
Pretty much complete except is it missing the voltage regulator box thingy on the alternator? Maybe not, do the 400A have that?
The start box is disconnected, but still there. Not going to run that way but could conceivably be as easy as that & serp belt to get running.
All the other parts hanging around loose are due to the demil, I don't think it's been harvested for parts.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
400 amp also have a different type of external regulator. It is not a N3135 but looks similar.

HumveeM1151

You see the two holes in the dash under the heat/ac switches? Those hold your fuel filter housing on the other side of the dash. They take those out to get to the water fording system (and remove it), then leave the fuel filter housing disconnected. The housing is left disconnected and laying on your glow plug wires. You will need to reinstall it. gov planet are a bunch of hacks. Make sure your CV axles have all the mounting bolts. There are six per side. Both of my front axles had two bolts each. The carrier bearing for my front drive shaft had only one bolt in it. My 1151 had half of the bolts in it loose or missing.
It has 10,000 miles on it, and from looking at the grease fittings, they had never been greased since new. Etc... Etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks