• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151a1 revb a/c hose

mrfarb

Spent time today tracking down my a/c leak - more like huge hole. Exhaust burned the a/c line completely through - anyway, I’ve spent the last hour or more pouring through TM’s and no luck getting the correct hose part number. Is there a special TM for revb a/c? I found the supposed correct part number for m1151a1 but the hose is different. Mine runs directly to the low side from the center inside condenser - seems like 1 hose, not split? Unless I just can’t see a junction. Has a bent condenser fan on right rear as well, I’ll try to repair that I guess. Also - is the UOC for a revb M1151a1 TTA? I feel like it would be different.

Attachments

mrfarb

Thanks. My neighbor suggested having it repaired. Plenty of hydraulic hose type repair shops in this area. Regardless I guess I’ll plan on removing it and finding the part number that way.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second what your neighbor suggested. Maybe an industrial AC repair company also. They both should have the hose to re-crimp the ends on.
Have the hose made locally. I did all mine with the original fittings from the old hoses and so far they are really good. Cheaper than trying to source the original parts. You can even install extra protection so it won't happen again.

mrfarb

Is part #13 what you’re looking for?

View attachment 926945 View attachment 926946
I thought so, but if you look up the hose it’s short and runs to a connector, also shows a red high side cap - this one runs from the condenser to the evaporator inside the truck (notice the parts manual doesn’t have the other numbered). I’m going to pull if off and have one made, seems like the best course according to experience here.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part number is on the hose generally, at the component end…you won’t fine a shop that has those wonky ends AMG used.
one thing I like about the dual barrier ac hose is that I can use EZ clip anywhere, these trucks use single barrier hose and that means you can only
Use compression crimp connectors.
i have pretty much every hose in stock for these trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks