• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116a2 accessorys

2deuce

This question may be difficult without a picture, but I recently bought one of these trailers from GL and it had a rack with a crank mounted on the front of the bed. There were other M116a2 trailers in the same sale some had it some didn't. Can anyone tell me what this was used for? Did it hold a reel for cord?

Thanks

gunboy1656

was it an "A" frame rack? If so is was a generator trailer and was used for a CX 11230 cable (1/4 mile cable). runs from shelter to shelter.

that was the setup we had, also had the 5k diesel genset mounted on the trailer on it.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a couple of pictures. I'm going to remove mine and mount an air compressor in it's spot.

2deuce

That's it 319, that's the piece in your picture! I will be removing mine also. Good to know its original use. Anyone come up with a use for it off the trailer?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a genuine GI teeter-totter (seesaw)?

gunboy1656, do you have any photos of these gensets/trailers in use?

gunboy1656

I will look and see. I know i have one when we were cleaning our equipment to return stateside.

if i do i will post some later tonight.

you have the same trailer we had, you even have the antenna brackets.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I will look and see. I know i have one when we were cleaning our equipment to return stateside.

if i do i will post some later tonight.

you have the same trailer we had, you even have the antenna brackets.

Pictures would be great. None of the TMs have any of the add-ons.

gunboy1656

I believe I have a hand reciept somewhere for my truck and trailer, just gotta figure out where its hiding. If i can find it i will scan it and send you the trailer stuff.

gunboy1656

ok found some of my pics.

1st pic - is all loaded for a train the ship trip. In this pic you can see alot of the accessories we carried.

2nd - on the railhead

3rd- is actually in use. thats our 5k, that has a 15k running through the system. the 15K is a civilain generator given to us so we dont burn ours out.

4th- is a couple borrowed gensets, one from an active duty unit, and not showing is one mounted in the bed of an m105 trailer. The motor unit we supported had it. We had to borrow these cause both of our did burn up. 140 degree heat will help that. we lost both our 5 and 10K's that we had. the 5k had a circuit go bad if i remember correctly and i have no clue why the 10k went down.

Pic 5 - right at the end of our tour we got the silence kits mounted on this one.

and lastly getting the equipment lined up to go home.

Attachments

Reactions: 319
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks