• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3/101A3 parking brake lever adjustment

AOR

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that new levers are available. I just heated 3 of the ones I have up at the aluminum adjuster area where ones hand would contact. I was able to get all three of them to rotate. What I have not been able to do is get any of them to adjust. I feel like there are other components that are seized up. I tried heating them up and tapping the internal parts downward with a punch without any movement. Has anyone been able to successfully adjust one of these when things are all seized up?

Jeepadict

It's likely the threaded internal parts that are sized, it's like a nut that runs up & down on a length of threads. I've only ever gotten one to come back around but the vice grips left notable marks I wasn't happy about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AOR

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the info. I actually may have gotten the one I am working on freed up. I don't know why I purchase these trailers then do what I do. I just purchased an M116A3 generator trailer with less than 200 miles on it. The trailer is newer than the M116A3/101A3 combo I am working on. I purchased it cheap wanting 1 good tire and parking brake stuff and 1 drum. That tire ended up having a small area of dry rotting as well. I discovered that the brakes are an upgraded version to the ones on my older unit. Both of the parking brake strut rods were bent on my older unit. Also the drum has more material inside and the shoes are thicker. I do not know if the previous owner had the drums turned or not. They are made by different manufactures. Also the adjuster is more HD and the spring is heavier so I just swapped all the rear brakes and cables over but the levers now are way to tight trying to put the parking brakes on. I did remove a good passenger side lever that will be adjusted to work with the cable and brakes I moved over. I almost have the drivers side adjusted. So if I get this working I will have 2 new 74" parking brake cables to sell if anyone needs them for what I paid for them which is about half of what others have them listed for online. I am including pictures of the 2 different brake setups used on my trailers.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks