• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Brake Problems

JLF2375

I have a problem with the parking brake struts. Upon wheel and drum removal the struts are bent(Upwards as if the hub installation bowed them up due to interference)and have been rubbing the inside of the hub. I have a mismatch i believe but everything I have seen says it all the correct parts. Anyone seen this? Know a source for the struts?

Thanks for any advice

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A pic would help.

Good luck on parts as they are scarce.
Thousands were built, but most surplus parts are hard to find.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I might have some m116a3 backing plates complete with all the brake parts, but I'm leaving for Haspin tomorrow. I can't help till I get back sun/mon.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New complete brake assembly's are available from Dexter.
I bought a set called free-back. Can back up a fully loaded trailer and it will not engage the brakes. Has parking brake function also.
Exact fit and no modification at all.
eBay has best price.
Haven't installed them yet. Hopefully this weekend.

If you need other brake parts on yours, going with a new assembly might be cheaper.
Dexter is a OEM supplier on these trailers also.

j10jim

I bought the other set of backing plates on ebay that the guys had. Let me know how your install goes. Probably going to be a month before I can get to mine.Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks