• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Master Cylinder Help

Skispcs

I picked up my M116A3 today and when I was checking it out, I discovered the interesting mod to the master cylinder cap as shown in the attached picture.
Needless to say, I drove it home without brakes after asking if I could swap it with one of the other trailers :)

Any idea what this was done for? Maybe they were trying to bleed the brakes and had it in a large container of brake fluid?

The big questions is, does anyone know where I can get a replacement master cylinder cover?

Attachments

Skispcs

The Tech manual shows a regular screw on cover like you would expect, TM 9-2330-202-13&P page 003-1
But the trailer has the bent piece of brake line with the hose clamped onto the end.
Where the brake line enters the cap has a heavy layer of silicone.

If the hose is supposed to be there, then why does it spray out brake fluid when the surge is activated.
I added some brake fluid and went on a test drive. Came back and the whole front of the trailer was covered in fluid that sprayed out of the hose.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Earlier trailers had different covers, most a3 trailers (that I've seen) have that style cover. As far as a replacement, its a standard part used in civilian applications.

Skispcs

Thank you for the reply.
I did find a drawing of that hose in another part of the technical manual.
Something doesn't seem to be right though if the trailer is spewing brake fluid out of the hose.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other style which works just as well is a vented cap. Available at croft trailer part 850279

http://www.crofttrailer.com/hydro-act-surge-brake-actuator-parts/?sort=featured&page=2

I don't like that tube style because of wasps/mud daubbers etc.

I wonder if you have another problem because the fluid should not come out. Maybe your shock is worn and it over activating or possibly the master cyl is bad?

Is the fluid clean? I have seen some trailers with borrowed caps full of rust/water

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks