• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123 parts

FreightTrain

Banned
Where can someone find parts for one of these things?Spark plugs,wires,distributor/mag parts(which does it have?),brakes,hoses,gaskets,carb rebuild kits,etc?I REALLY want one that was found local.Gasser minus 5th wheel(anyone got a correct one?).Also,Does anyone make tires still or know where I can get good useable ones?

TacticalTruck

Direct Support had new distributors but i think they burned up when he committed suicide. You might try memphis. I think the internal dist parts are standard GI. Original GI NDCCs are about impossible to find. Gene on the old MV list had a dist for sale at one point, also.
Jeff

houdel

I bought a new set of -20 and -34 manuals from the Parramore Press (they advertise in MV magazine) fo the M123/M125 series trucks for $15 each plus about $15 shipping. They are very detailed and very well written and also give OEM manufacturer, ordnance part numbers part numbers and "model numbers" (which could be the OEM part numbers) for most parts.

Also in one of my threads about my M125 wrecker there was an extensive discourse on rebuilding the carburetor.

msgjd

George Moore Trucks Keeseville, NY (near Plattsburgh) 518-834-7571 A bit pricey but they have several M123 10T's and at least one M125 cargo, very rare. They are cutting up everything as they get to it.... If you need parts you better call asap. I was up there last week and they intend to get rid of everything military, scrap or sale, whichever comes first. They will take off and ship, to my understanding.

jwaller

Re: RE: M123 parts

msgjd said:
George Moore Trucks Keeseville, NY (near Plattsburgh) 518-834-7571 A bit pricey but they have several M123 10T's and at least one M125 cargo, very rare. They are cutting up everything as they get to it.... If you need parts you better call asap. I was up there last week and they intend to get rid of everything military, scrap or sale, whichever comes first. They will take off and ship, to my understanding.
are they going to cut up the 125?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M123 parts

They make new tires that fit the M123s that are meant nowadays for motor graders, much more aggressive tread, too.

houdel

Re: RE: Re: RE: M123 parts

maddawg308 said:
They make new tires that fit the M123s that are meant nowadays for motor graders, much more aggressive tread, too.
I have looked at some of those, they would look great, I have no idea on the price, but unfortunately all those I have found are not highway rated and only rated for 20-25 MPH.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has info on a grader tire that is highway & 55 MPH or so rated.

msgjd

to jwaller in this string...

no offense, but what part of "...cutting up everything as they get to it...", and, "...get rid of everything military, (via) scrap or sale whichever comes first..." don't you understand?

In other words, yes they will scrap the M125 if you don't get your ass up there to save it!
I sugested they donate it to a legion or VFW but all they see is scrap $$$$.

They also have a few WW2-era items... I saw a rare original GMC cargo-dump deuce and a halftrack. They said there were more things like that. Call them.

Tons of 3/4T stuff and up. M37's, M880's M886's, deuces, 5t's, 10T's, in gas & diesel, in most all model configurations. And GOERS and semitrailers and some tracked items. He has about 75 acres full of stuff.

msgjd

no offense, but what part of "...cutting up everything as they get to it...", and, "...get rid of everything military, (via) scrap or sale whichever comes first..." don't you understand?

In other words, yes they will scrap the M125 if you don't get your ass up there to save it!
I sugested they donate it to a legion or VFW but all they see is scrap $$$$.

They also have a few WW2-era items... I saw a rare original GMC cargo-dump deuce and a halftrack. They said there were more things like that. Call them.

Tons of 3/4T stuff and up. M37's, M880's M886's, deuces, 5t's, 10T's, in gas & diesel, in most all model configurations. And GOERS and semitrailers and some tracked items. He has about 75 acres full of stuff. They do part stuff out if you need something, but they are more interested in selling entire pieces because they'd rather spend their time cutting and crushing while the prices are high. Do you blame them????

msgjd

I suggested they donate it to a legion or VFW but all they see is scrap $$$$.

Tons of 3/4T stuff and up. M37's, M880's M886's, deuces, 5t's, 10T's, in gas & diesel, in most all model configurations. And GOERS and semitrailers and some tracked items. He has about 75 acres full of stuff. They do part stuff out if you need something, but they are more interested in selling entire pieces because they'd rather spend their time cutting and crushing while the prices are high. Do you blame them????