• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M129 12 ton trailer recovery (pics)

70deuce

Picked up a real sweet M129 12 ton van trailer and three rollaway tool/parts racks/bins today at Fort Carson GL yard. Trailer is a 1989 model with full airbarkes. Outstanding condition. Busy day at the yard. Had to wait on two M101 trailers and a deuce to be picked up before we cleared. We were allowed right into the yard to hook up which we did with no problems. Just had to wait to wait for Ron, one of the real good guys there at Carson. Then went to yard number two a short ditance away and Ron loaded up the 3 racks and we were on our way back north about 70 miles. Trip went great. No problems at all. Last pic is a"safely home" pic.

Attachments

reb87

Nice trailer, I considered that one but didnt want to drive to Carson to get it. I bought some trailers in KS instead. Your truck looks sharp with those radials on it.

70deuce

The tires on the M818 are 11X20 Goodyear G285 tube radials removed from a 900 series cargo truck. The current model of these tires is G287s. They are rated at 7700 lbs per tire at 120 PSI and man what a difference in ride and wet and snow traction. I'm running the same recommended pressure of 80 front and 50 rear and they are barely bulging at ground contact, even with the trailer on. Will take a picture tomorrow. And I do believe the trailer is a M129A2C. It was from the same unit the M818 was assigned to, the 3650th Maintenance Unit. And as for the help with loading, the guys at Ft Carson have always been extremely helpful. Ron had just help load 2 M101s with a front loader forkift onto to a gooseneck flatbed for someone. They have always done good by me. Will be headed back down there shortly to pick up 2 deuces, both excellent runners and great shape. Both have 1991 rebuild tags, new cargo covers and both are under 10,000 miles. They came from a Colorado Army National Guard aviation unit.

70deuce

Repositioned the trailer (more pics)

The trailer was put in a more "permanet" spot. And actually checking the data plate it is a M129A3. Couple of other vehicles were caught at this location.

Attachments