• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M129A3 Recovery

jasonjc

Well I started out at 0340hrs for Jefferson City to pick up 9 11.00R20XL's for Sevensteps , he was nice enough to let me use them to get my M129 trailer homerofl See this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/53330-have-i-got-deal.html

If you need to go to Jefferson city DO NOT use the map off the GL web site it 10-15 miles off as to where the site is. I found this out befor I left:).
The XM818 ran good just slow made it there by about 1030hrs put new glade hands on the trailer and hooked up. The lights worked:-o at least the tail/stop some of the clance light did not and some are gone. Brakes worked but it smells like the ones on the rear axle mite be dragging a little. The tires were all up and brand new :drool: to bad they don't go with the trailer:sad: :p They belong to Sevensteps. Went to rasise the landing grear and found the crank and grear box to be new. Back door is bent looks like some tried to pry it open. I think I can take it off and bend it back we will see. Left out and was back on the road by 1130hrs.

As a side note some MO units are going to be getting some nice new stuff. The trailer was in the reciving yard. It was full of new or rebuilt trucks and trailers. 2 1/2 & 5 ton short and long bed FMTV's, M939 series cargo and dumps. Hemits cargo and some with the pallet lift on back but only 8X8 (they had "V" rollers for a boat maybe?). Hemit trailers the long low cargo ones and the pallet type. The new type trailers not shure if 3/4 ton or 1 1/2 ton the ones that look a little like humvee? A truck was there unloading 5 of them when I was there. They had one of the coolest container lifts it looked like one of the tele lift forklifts on steroids. The lifting head could expand for both 20 and 40 ft containers, and it could trun, rotate,pivit. And there was a bunch of armored 4 wheel things looks like a v100??? I konw no pic the batteries were dead

Back on the road at 1130hrs all went well just slow on some of the steap hills. Had a long line of cars behind me at times, opps. By the tach/speedo I avrg 47MPH on the way home, I forgot to write down the start time/miles when I left home thought:x The truck did pull most of the interstate grades in 5th just fine, it was the steaper ones that did it in 3rd @ 22MPH:cry: Got home at 1830hrs. It was all I could do to climb down out of the truck. My legs were so stiff I could baerly walk, and then lets not even talk about my back side. Why do I do this to myself:confused: Crack , meth , OD Green, the addiction is all the same:p

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks