• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135/211 Air pak question

DUUANE

So here's a question for the group. I'm looking for someone that has an air pak apart or a partial unit that we can measure the bore and effective stroke of the slave piston. I need to know the total displacement to map out master cylinder retrofit possibillities. Just the output side of the unit is what i need.

Thanks

dmetalmiki

They are as rare as 'rocking horse poo', And I never ever saw a deuce M135, or M211 for sale (Exclude a totally restored one though) that had decent brakes.
Over 10 years searching each and every one I sought after had brake problems.
I finally have one now, (An M135), And yes, First job was to pack off both the master cylinder and air pack for a complete rebuild.
Hoping to receive them back reconditioned this week, (Toghather with a new re manufactured to exact pattern fuel tank).
If the re conditioners can take the measurements I will obtain them and message you.

DUUANE

Hey that would be great. What i am planning is a full air foot valve and either a pair or maybe 3 dual master cylinders coupled to air actuators. This would prevent brake fluid contaminating air seals, do away with the under floor master, and allow for front axle selectable proportioning. Additionally it would effectively isolate each axle (or front from tandems) as well as allow an upper/lower diagonal split like the some F600's use. The downside would be half a mile of plumbing. Most likely I'll do axle isolation. The chances of losing all 3 circuits at the same time is almost nil and i'll be able to use a piggy back spring brake on at least one axle for extra safety.

Thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks