• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 changer over .......

Brad

Friends,
It seems we have successfully changer our 1952 M35 over from automatic transmission to standard shift.
This effort was greatly aided by the fact that we also had a parts truck that had been previously changed over.
In fact we switched the entire engine, bell housing and tranny. Even the longer drive shaft went right in.
But it was still a major undertaking for us and many problems arose that we did not foresee.
Yet it seems to be working fine now.
However there was bo flywheel cover in the doner truck. We really dont know what the bell housing or tranny are??
So we dont know what flywheel cover to seek.
I am hoping that someone out there is familiar with these change overs as I here there were many done in the past.
I assume there was a specific bell housing and standard tranny used, and maybe someone knoes what they ere. And I can then look for the cover????
Thanks so much in advance.
Regards,
Brad Foust

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures of what you have would be helpful.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are using the Clark 5 speed out of a CCKW (most conversions were), just use the cover from a CCKW. It is a very light stamping.

Mastertech

just throwwing in maybe worthless info here but the people talk about the conversion on these trucks and the parts were from the WWII duece comon model being the CCKW there were alot of diff manufactures and models of 2 1/2 ton trucks in WWII CCKW was a GM/Chev design ??? correct if not correct ??