• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 / M211 body side door weatherstrip found

Sparky91.7

I found a perfect source for the door window weatherstripping on the body side panels and windshield a-pillar for canvas top trucks. Not sure if hard tops have the same seals, as I've never seen one in person around these parts. Metro Molded Rubber carries Studebaker roof rail weatherstripping that is almost a dead match for the pieces that go in the channel on the cab sides, a-pillar, and roof sides. Part# is LP12-C, and I found it at Rock Auto for under $5 a foot (Metro wants almost $9/ft). You will need approximately 9 feet to do both sides (measure your truck to make sure). Shown are the new rubber next to a piece I cut off of a nice chunk of original rubber.20210707_183615.jpg20210707_184321.jpg20210707_184143.jpg Pics for reference...20210707_183637.jpg20210707_183455.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I found a perfect source for the door window weatherstripping on the body side panels and windshield a-pillar for canvas top trucks. Not sure if hard tops have the same swals, as I've never seen one in person around these parts. Metro Molded Rubber carries Studebaker roof rail weatherstripping that is almost a dead match for the pieces that go in the channel on the cab sides, a-pillar, and roof sides. Part# is LP12-C, and I found it at Rock Auto for under $5 a foot (Metro wants almost $9/ft). You will need approximately 9 feet to do both sides (measure your truck to make sure). Shown are the new rubber next to a piece I cut off of a nice chunk of original rubber.View attachment 839089View attachment 839090View attachment 839091 Pics for reference...View attachment 839087View attachment 839088
Nice! I need to go out and check and out my 5-Ton and see it your pictures match up to my weatherstripping.
Thanks for the tip and I will report back.

Sparky91.7

Nice! I need to go out and check and out my 5-Ton and see it your pictures match up to my weatherstripping.
Thanks for the tip and I will report back.
Cool! Hopefully this'll help someone out, as i know the soft consumables on these trucks are impossible to find. I'll post some,pics when I get the stuff installed. Was gonna wait until I had the new to me cab pieces restored, but might as well live in the now, right? :) Still searching for window channel for in the doors and door bottom seals, and I'm getting close to finding what I need there too. Just gotta pop the access door and see how long the channels are. Metro makes quality stuff-I used their seals on my 1969 Coronet.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cool! Hopefully this'll help someone out, as i know the soft consumables on these trucks are impossible to find. I'll post some,pics when I get the stuff installed. Was gonna wait until I had the new to me cab pieces restored, but might as well live in the now, right? :) Still searching for window channel for in the doors and door bottom seals, and I'm getting close to finding what I need there too. Just gotta pop the access door and see how long the channels are. Metro makes quality stuff-I used their seals on my 1969 Coronet.
I got a suggestion for window track from simp5782 .

He suggested that using felt with the tracks you already have would solve the "wiggle in the windows" . I have planned to give that a try, but it has been too hot and muggy to have my arm crammed in that little access hole!

I also believe a few spare window clips might be smart because they are really thin metal. Since my truck spent most of its life with a rag top, I just assume that the rust monster has been in the windows too. :-(

Figure I will clean the window regulators and the slide track on the bottom of the windows too...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks