• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 recovery again

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
With this wacky warm winter weather holding and with shepsjeep riding shotgun we went back to Topeka to fetch my second, 1961 M146 trailer. It is the oldest and best of the 2 I got. Was blasted and painted 2 years ago. inside and out. All the stock mil wiring was removed and replaced with modern civi beakers, conduit and boxes even has a 220 outlet. Like new tires all around and never been on ground spare. Drove 50 out and 55 back. Usual photo op at TEE PEE junction with better picture of the Tee. I am going to turn this one along with the XM818 back to Nam era paint and put all my display stuff inside. The other is for storage till I can get RAYZER up here for a M146 RV make over!

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This also came with the armor plate high heels, a little bit bigger foot print and a little less cranking to put the legs down.

Attachments

RAYZER

Thanks for your vote of confidence mw! I sure would like to do another! That Is a really nice one you got there,and with accessories too!! I think its the oldest m146 that i have noticed,did it come with a correct ladder?I love these old trailers!!!

Flyingvan911

That teepee is cool. I have seen it quite a bit on roadtrips with the family. That trailer is nice and will make a great RV. It sure will be tough!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RAYZER I didn't even look at the data plate when I was doing inspections and was surprised when I got it. No telling where it has been in it's 50 years of service.
Derrickl112 sorry the pictures didn't come out better but winter finally hit here yesterday evening, yesterday was 50 this morning went I went to get pics it's 20 with 2o mph gusts. I didn't set the lens for close up, Duh!
Trailboss I have been waiting about 3 years for mine to come along and real grateful to SHEPSJEEP For letting me store store them out on his farm after I get them loaded up and the roofs resealed.
Also thanks to Flyingvan911 for buying my extra M105 and Aswayze for buying the M105 with CBC as it gave me the cash to get this trailer also made the better half happy as it meets her one in one out rule! Hey 2 went out I guess I still need another!

Attachments

Last edited: