• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 recovery with pics.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M416 recovery with pics.

M416? You mean a Jeep trailer? That's a mighty big, but really nice, truck to haul that trailer back with. Hope the fuel bill there is worth it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M416 recovery with pics.

Dude, got enough spares? I'm thinking he's fetching an M146. John, you brining that to the rally?

papercu

trailer

Looks as if he's moving anything smaller than a aircraft carrier it's overkill.
If he driving that to a Army base they may want to keep it. Wayne

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: trailer

kcimb said:
Wow. What's the towing capabilites on that?
I would guess it can tow anything you can afford to buy!

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: trailer

ya. must be a 146. I mix my numbers some times. I'm bunking down in portsmouth for the night. will be there at 8am tomorrow.

I have a M270 and pulled it 300 miles last week with a 30ft connex on the back. it will pull anything you hook to it but with the big tires the NHC-250 is VERY UNderpowered. it needs another 200hp to be a good driver. without the trailer its great but my M270 weights 17,500 empty.

empty the truck will do 70mph all day long. loaded your back to 45-50 and in 4th gear most of the time. I have it running in top condition with all new fuel lines and filters.

I think it's time to turn the pump up and get her smoking like she needs to be.

so how high can you run the EGT on a NHC-250?

jwaller

Re: RE: M416 recovery with pics.

Recovry4x4 said:
Dude, got enough spares? I'm thinking he's fetching an M146. John, you brining that to the rally?

I've been told all 4 are flat on the trailer. so that why I have 5. also some of my 5 are dry rotted.

I am going to try and go to the ga ralley. just not sure what all I will bring.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M416 recovery with pics.

NHC...Big Cam...same size and dimension. Only the x-over and aftercooler make it a tad taller.

jwaller

ya thats a buddy of mine who just happened to be right in the area and went with me to pick it up. worked out great and we got to see some pretty cool stuff at the drmo.

Gotta love when you drive up to the front gate of the base and they just salute you and wave you in.

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: M416 recovery with pics.

WillWagner said:
NHC...Big Cam...same size and dimension. Only the x-over and aftercooler make it a tad taller.
can the big cam motor be used without the turbo and still make more power than out motors? or can we install the big cam in the nhc 250 and do better

DavidB

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M416 recovery with pics.

Nice rig !!!! Did you get the ladders with the trailer ? I would realy like to find two for my M146,
David B

DavidB

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M416 recovery with pics.

Nice rig !!!! Did you get the ladders with the trailer ? I would realy like to find two for my M146,
David B

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks