• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 recovery X2

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
KCclay and I both lucked out and finally won some nice M146 trailers. We had watched the ones in Mo, went high 6 hours one, watched the ones in Ia good price 6hours one way. Then presto a lot in Topeka cheap price and a 70 min drive! Euc's cleared, Robert from GL called and lets us know he would be there today to release them. I did the pmcs on the M818 found my batteries stolen. KCclay did his on his M275 had a flat fixed. We met a Fuel station this am and took the scenic 24/40 Hwy to Topeka. Robert had written our first name on the trailers to separate them out of the herd. Took me 2 tries to lock the 5th wheel, checked air on the trailer tires and brakes and took off home. Only problem was on the way back I switched to the R fuel tank and was changing the gauge switch when I grab the battery by mistake and shut everything off! Took a couple of seconds to realize what I did:doh: was 1/2 way on the shoulder before I got it all working again. Stopped in north Lawrence at the Tee Pee junction for the photo op. Got to go back Monday for the 2nd and best one.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
KCclay's ran great, he and I like to keep them at around 50, he did 50 on the way out and 50 on the way back. The M146 was built for the M275 and neither one of us felt like we had a load. I wished I could have driven My 275 that I bought earlier this year but turned out the motor is locked up and until now have not had time to fool with it.

I was hoping to see 91W350 Glen there as they got several of the trailers, but only saw 2 of his truckers who were hooked up and leaving when we got there. Hopefully with our present weather in Kansas I will see him next week on another recovery out his way.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Good looking deuce! Who is the goofy looking guy in pic #7? rofl
He' some old fart I let work on my stuff! Went back to the barn to sweep it out and found some extras. It has the metal soft dirt plates still stowed, 1 wood pad the correct ladder, power cord still stowed, pencil sharpener, fire ext and these armor plate lifts,it took kcclay and I both to slide them on.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
M275 redux

After I got the trailers home the worst of the 2 got filled with extra stuff I had laying around and was put at a buddies farm.
I used white roofing sealer on both of them to head off any future leaks.
I collect NBC mask and protective gear which spends most of the time in boxes and when I do display some of it is a pain to set it up. I decided to turn the better trailer into a rolling chemical warfare museum. First thing was to go though the brakes, it looked like the KSANG had already done it for me when they redid this trailer2 years ago. All new wiring 220 3 ph with outlet boxes, breakers and lights. It still had small tail lights so went out to Glens 91W350 and got two metal composites tail lights and 2 Euro rear reflectors off a scrapped M800 series truck. Went to home depot for 12'X12" metal shelving , a closet rod and Behr 24087 paint #91 (permalink).

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got the paint done yesterday so after I went down and checked it today decided to try another add on. I had an extra temper tent arch and 16' fly with really no use. I went back to the depot, bought 5 of these J hooks mounted them just below the drip rail and found a use for the extra tent parts. There will be more guy lines when this is set up for real but found out it will work. I will post pictures of the inside after I get display figured out a little better.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Waited for the OD to cure, added 20" star with flat white rustoleum to sides and top and chemical corps logo to the rear. Still need to get a smaller star to fit on the back between the 2 rear windows.

I ended up using two of the 18" Duce door stars on the back shutters.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks