• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149 Air vent bolt

nwestwood

I picked up a nice M149 stainless steel tank and am going through all the rusty parts. On the top of the tank there is/was a bolt with small vent holes, In attempting to remove it (it was complety rusted over), the head broke off, I was able to remove the bolt, its drilled out in the middle then with 2 small holes drilled into the side of the threads to allow pressure out I presume. In attempting to find a replacement, I can't find a standard or metric size that matches, let alone one one drilled like this.

Does anyone know where to find such a bolt, or what size it actually is? the TM just shows

PA022 4820008561721 19207 7034882 Valve, Vacuum Breaki

No details on the size, How can I find replacement?

Thanks

nwestwood

Here are some pics of the trailer after my restoration. The pipe/vent plug we found at a hose and rubber shop, its a porous material, that lets air out but not water in. I added a trailer hitch so I can pull doubles when needed. Tank is Stainless steel and nice and clean. I replaced several of the valves and rubber seals that were damaged or worn.
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious about that bolt, can you share what it was called and what size it was? Maybe a link to buy one? Thanks

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a sintered brass bolt. Basically, very small pieces of brass (almost like dust) that are fused together, so that it is porous but does not allow large particles to get through. People have used them to give a vent to their axles by havint the bolt 'plug' high up in the engine compartment. There was a thread about doing that probably 8-11 years ago.

nwestwood

Curious about that bolt, can you share what it was called and what size it was? Maybe a link to buy one? Thanks

STAINLESS STEEL BREATHER VENT

Someone else found it for me,looks like you can get it in different sizes

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all......might be acquiring a water buffalo in a couple of weeks and was doing as much reading as I can find in here. You guys are an amazing source of knowledge!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks