• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M149

mygreenjeep

Got a question for y'all.

My father-in-law purchased some land about a year ago and there was an M149 trailer on it. He doesn't have any paperwork for it and the trailer doesn't have the tank on it. He has no use for it and wants to get rid of it. I have no clue how/if he could sell it or even how much it could be worth. It all appears to be in good condition, minus the tank. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just made an offer on a similar trailer frame, with the axles and springs, etc. but no water tank, and got it for $75. Likewise, mine had no paperwork, and the data plate was faded to the point of worthless for information purposes.

I wouldn't pay more than $100 to $150 for a similar one, in good shape.

mygreenjeep

Thanks everybody, but I made a mistake on what kind of trailer it was. My mother-in-law just sent me pics and it is an XM-107E2. It appears to be very similar to the M149. Not sure if this changes the value of it or not. And of course they can't find the tank on the land anywhere. Don't know if the new model info changes anything, but I'd appreciate any info that you all have. Thanks.

Here's some pics of the plate and the trailer

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one of those years ago from Ft. Meade when DRMO was still running the show, in solid condition, complete hitch, and a 400-gallon tank (with a hole drilled in the side) for $5 plus tax. No kidding. When it comes to old trailers, that are incomplete, the cheaper the better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks