• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 heater kits

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have run across a few heater kits for the MUTT. Thought they were for the deuce, but, they aren't. Anyone interested? 1979, New, old stock. I opened this box only to find not an M35A2 heater kit, but a Mutt kit :cry: All hoses are soft, paint is clean, all the brackets, ducts and defroster stuff is there. Any idea what they are worth?

Attachments

CGarbee

Last time I purchased a kit, (it's been a few years) it was something like $100, and the heaters were selling by themselves for around $45...
A fellow just sold a bare heater on Ebay (using a photo from my website showing the unit installed in my M37--didn't ask before he did, but then, he never does) for a winning bid of $219.16. Either the heaters are worth a lot more than I thought, or that photo of my truck's interior is worth a bit... :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winers was selling the heaters alone for $45. They make dandy little heaters mounted inside the deuce. Was gonna post a pic of said installation but can't find it.

CGarbee

Here is a shot of a M151 heater mounted in my M37 (the photo that was used, once again, to sell one on Ebay) that I have on my website.

I also have a couple of pages on the site with instructions for utilizing the full kit from a M151 in a M37 so that one has defrost as well as heat (since the M151 kits are a bit easier to source than the M37 ones) as well as some other installations that various folks have done using either a M151 heater or the entire kit.
My heater page is located at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/heater.htm

Hopefully, if Will doesn't need/want his heater kit, somebody else can put it to good use either in a M151 or some other rig...

Attachments

progun

I have run across a few heater kits for the MUTT. Thought they were for the deuce, but, they aren't. Anyone interested? 1979, New, old stock. I opened this box only to find not an M35A2 heater kit, but a Mutt kit :cry: All hoses are soft, paint is clean, all the brackets, ducts and defroster stuff is there. Any idea what they are worth?
Is this still available? Thanks

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
That post is from 2008. Guessing that baby is long gone! I'd suggest putting a post in the wanted ads. I found a kit back in the summer on the G503 site. The G838 would be another good place to look. And then there is always the Face Plant group...

Guy

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel burning heater kits are also around. A few years back, I found an NOS kit that I installed in my truck. Nothing like flame heat to keep you warm, although the hot water heater kits in the M151s do a pretty good job. I also had an extra NOS (but older) fuel burning heater kit that I sold with my M151A2. I bought that from Ziggy just to have spares. You could check with CUCVFAN to see if he can put you in touch with the current owner. Perhaps, he'd sell the extra kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks