• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M170 usaf 1962 what color was used?

russcal

Hiya, Ambulance!

It being an Air Force vehicle, more than likely it would be finished in Strata Blue, federal specification 25045. I had bought what I thought was a M43 ambulance that actually turned out to be a rare XM152, so I've done a little bit of research into the Air Force colors.

Russ
FAA Airman
Proud son of Rose and Wes

1953 XM152

ambulance

Thank you Russcal,
I was thinking about painting the ambulance BLUE......I was right.
How can I have (or see) this Strata Blue sample?
There is any site that I can take a look at this federal specification 25045?
Thank you very much,
Ambulance

GruntMP

I can peel off a chunk under the fenders of my '53 M-37 and send it to you! :wink:

Rapco, way down Texas way, sells a Strata Blue that they say is a semi-gloss. All the pics I find sure look high gloss. I'm likely to be using the Rapco regardless. I'll clear coat it glossy if I don't like it. You're a little south of there, so I don't know if the shipping would work out!:roll:

Garbee had pics of his friend's M-37 in Strata on his site at garbee.net. If I recall he says what paint he used.

You might also want to look at the pinetree line website for period photos. There was at least one shiny blue m-38 in one of the photos.

Anyway, good luck with it. Track down Lifer here or get a copy of the marking TO from Portrayal Press when you do the markings.:-D