• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1941 Tent Stove Question

qman

I have one of these stoves with the oil burner conversion. The Jerry can adapter has an o-ring that seals it when you press down on the clamp. The previous owner of mine replaced it by cutting out a rubber washer from some gasket material. That gasket was cracked so being that I didn't know better, I made a duplicate. Turns out I needed to double it up to keep it from leaking.

Anyway when I looked at my buddy's adapter I saw it had an o-ring. I need one of those o-rings. Does anyone know what size that o-ring is or where I can get them?

Here's the manual for it" http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-4500-200-13.pdf

#28 on page 2-20 shows it as a "Gravity Feed Adapter Gasket".

Page 2-21 shows 5330-00-298-7165 as the part number and calls it a "GASKET, GRAVITY FEED ADAPTER B".

I've searched on that part # but can't find anything.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is a standard Steel Jerry can lid gasket. Do an online search for,
[h=1]5 Gallon Metal Jerry Can Gasket[/h]

Last edited:

qman

negative, I do not need the Jerry can lid gasket. I have one of those.

I may have given the wrong part #. You may be right that what I listed is the Jerry Can gasket. If that's true then I got it wrong.

It might be that the o-ring is #29 "Preformed packing" part # 5330-01-172-1251.

I did a search on that part #, called Orbital products, and the guy said it was an o-ring and that they're $49 each. I started laughing. I'ts an o-ring for goodness sakes. He did say it is made from rubber flourocarbon whatever that means.

Last edited:

qman

Thanks pal. I'm heading over to the local surplus for a $5 cap. I'm gonna figure out the o-ring and get some spares.

I might even try to sell them for $50 to the govt . . . hahahahaha. The guy at Orbital products said they had 12 and 10 were being sold to the govt. If I can find spares I might be able to strike it rich.