• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 - Landing Leg Identification

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've pulled out the TM 9-2330-205-14 which covers the trailer and the landing leg disassembly/reassembly but my leg is not the one pictured (square vs circular). I need to identify and break this unit down to see why it isn't cranking right. The leg is fully retracted and the grease was good, I figured something fell between the gears but no easy luck there.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have had similar issues with m101a3 landing legs. The screw in the tube rusts from lack of usage. Submerge it in a vat of atf, or pour it in the leg openings liberally. Turn it over to distribute the best you can. Punch the roll pin out of the side gear in your third pic, slide out the round shaft, and remove gear. I the slide the shaft back into its original place. With the side gear out of the way you can now get a pry bar on both sides of the shaft, and insert the tip into the remaining gear's teeth.

This will be a painfully slow process! use the two pry bars to spin the gear till the leg is extended. The 2 pry bars exert more force, and even force on the screw to free it up. Work it till it moves freely, add lube along the way. I have been tempted to drill a hole in the top, next to the remaining gear to allow better lube insertion, but haven't done so yet.

Good luck.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the directions. I got it apart quite easily, the gears are nearly perfect and the grease was still good. I have it soaking in a penetrating solution so I'll take a crack at it in a few days.