• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211/M135 Owners in Colorado???

SMALBLK327

Hello everyone, new member's first post here...

Im looking for other people in Colorado that may have these trucks, know where there are local trucks, parts sources near, etc-. etc-. I am in the process of getting a M221 back on the road, and really truely want another parts vehicle (can never have enough spares) ;)...so...anyone else in this state have one of these old dogs?

Currently I am in the process of putting the motor back together (it ran when purchased, I just wanted new gaskets all around), everything has been powerwashed and painted Flat Black (sorry true resto guys), far from a show vehicle but mainly wanted something clean to work on..60 years of grime is ridiculous! Ihave accumulated just about everything to get the motor back together..(waiting on a distributor for parts, I need the resistor and was unable to locate just that single part).

I am also redoing all the wiring (im amazed this thing ran, most of the insulation is missing from the wiring), miracle nothing shorted out...I have so far the chassis and instrument wiring, I have not been able to locate the cab forward harness nor headlight harness, im thinking I may just purchase a gasser M35 harness and modify it....

When i first took the truck out, it did drive, but would not shift, I assume a rebuild is going to be in order on the tranny (i removed the pan and was amazed by the amount of shavings inside), I am going to throw it back together, adjust per the manual, and hope for the best, but, I figure I will be rebuilding the Hydramatic next...

Thats my story, hope to hear from some other Colorado GMC M series owners...!

Oldfart

We too are searching for parts trucks! Ed and I have compared notes and I think he has some supplies located for his M211. I just bid on some M211's for parts, but they went for more than what I wanted to pay. My son and I are relatively new members of MVCC, but we have found it to be a great bunch of guys and a very valuable resource. They just told me how to save about $900 on my registration fees for my M220.

USMC 00-08

Not in Colorado but just a few hours away. I run across things from time to time out here with some local farmers. I'll keep my eyes open for you and let you know what I find.