• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 MC vent size

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any one know the diameter and threads of the vent fitting that screws into the
top of the Master Cylinder Cap. My truck is in the next town over and I want to make
up a power bleed system for the brakes.
Thanks,
Bruce

butch atkins

not sure what you want ,but straight from the ORD 9 G-749 catalog,Bolt: with vent hole 1/2 20 UNF-2 x 1 15/16 (filler pipe), item #2 ,FITTING : cop - alloy,5/8 dia bolt hole at top,7/16-24NF-2 female pipe thread at side connection,(filler pipe cap ), hope this helps,good luck on your project

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't look like any of the M211 set have made power bleeders. My guess is to make a 1/2 inch bolt out of a steel tube to emulate the existing settup and then cut a hole in the side of the tube as well as connect a tube to the head of the bolt that goes to the power bleeder tank.

Also needs to incorporate a cap as well of some kind.

The following might be easier to implement:
1-steel 1/2 inch large thick washer large enough to cover fill tube
2-drill hole off center to allow a tube to go into the fill tube and down into the resevoir without interfering with the 1/2 inch bolt head. maybe use a 1/2 inch allen cap screw.
3- braze or siver solder tube in place
4- glue some gasket material on underside of washer
5- attach tube to hose going to pump thingy.

Bruce

Last edited: