• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 power pack transfer in WI

Westech

CPL
Hey Guys. Lane and I are swapping some goodies. I have a M101A3 trailer of his and he has a GMC power pack that I am picking up. Is there anyone in northern WI (Stevens point, Green bay or anyplace) that can help us out? Maybe a bob cat or wrecker ect..... We have the power pack in the bed of a pick up and I will have a car trailer with winch so it should be a ez transfer with a little help.

Anyone out there?

citizensoldier

bump... Just looking for someone to lift the M135 motor and trans out of my truck and set it on Westy's trailer.. Its kind of heavy and long so using a portable engine hoist will be a bit difficult but can be done.. Trying to get it done fast and safe.. :-D Or maybe a garage with a big chain hoist? Anyone????

citizensoldier

How soon do you need to get it done?

I've got a tractor w/ loader. It's down here in WI right now, but I have to bring it north in a couple weeks.
Probably will not be until next week or two. This weekend is labor day and I am still piddling fixing my truck.. Been working carpentry to much ! But that is a good thing.
Where were you thinking?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just drive the truck and trailer to a towing place. Have them lift the engine, drive out the truck, back in the trailer and lower. Probably 20-25 bucks and no worries. I had that done when I picked up a 331 gasser engine in WI in June. They even did it for free!:beer:

poof

Dirty Hippie
Westy if you need to use a over head chain hoist.. I have one to loan you.. find a tree limb and hook it up..

or the option of a area Lumber yard that has an all terra-fork truck works too..
thats how I loaded a trailer or two, i bought from some schmuck here on the board one time..
:mrgreen:
J.P.