• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 shackle strength?

Ashley P

I've got an old m211 . If I assume that it's shackles are original, what load rating are they? (The shackles that hang on the bumpers for hooking and pulling.)

JD4044M

Here is some Shackle loading information. Show how it changes depending on use and safety ratings.Shackles

I was building some booms for my tractor front end loader and needed to calculate the loads on the boom and chains for the support at 500 lbs max 20 ft out. Was surprised how much strain was on the chain. I used this site for my formulas and built it. Bought a Electronic Scale and boy almost right on the button for what they said it would be. Can't remember the numbers but I had a 1-3 safety factor.
Crain Loads

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks