• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M25 2.5 Ton Rockwell Rebuild Needed near Atlanta

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone near Atlanta or in a 1 or 2 drive rebuild M35 Axles (2.5 ton Rockwells)? I have one that needs to be completely gone through, new bearings, etc. Any recommendations?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm more worried about back lash, etc. Mine has a thin film of rust on the inside and a little rust of the gears, but nothing that has caused any pitting. Again, just more worried about getting everything set up properly. Any manuals out there that go through the rebuild process?

Jason

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know someone who has a couple of rear axles that you can purchase. That way you can swap to your heart's content. Four hours away in Columbia, SC!

sandcobra164

Contact Clinto on here. He is about as thorough on repairs to these trucks as you'll find, including a job like yours. He's near Athens so not too far from you.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have the contact info for clinto. Sent him a private message about a week ago and have not heard back

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sent him a private message about a week ago and have not heard back
I butt dialed him a few days ago and he said he was busier than a one armed house painter.

He may get back to you but the GA Rally is quickly approaching and he will be wrapped way up in that.

You might want to have a backup plan.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are they for the V? The stock V frt axles have a lot of unique parts, like axle shaft seals, the axle shafts spline count and the journals, shaft bushing location, brake shoes, Detroit locker, spindles are different too... I just spent 1/2 hr writing a post with details but lost it when went advanced. Frustrating.