• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 and M108 Questions

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so these are more rare of the deuces and i just had a couple questions about them.

For the M108, why is it when i look in the -10, there is not one thing about the M108. I know they didnt make any, but still.... or am i just blind and didnt see it? it would be intresting to look up the specs for it just for kicks.

For the M275 tractor, what kind of trailers were pulled behind it? i have read threads on here and guys wanting to pull a trailer with them and guys seem to think the M275 is underpowered and should just get a M818. I respect everybodys opinion and all, but what did uncle sam use them for? it seems like a pintle on the deuce would provide more than what you would want to pull with a deuce anyway, let alone make a 5th wheel one (M275). So is there a list of what trailers were pulled with a M275 somewhere? even the M35a2 for that matter. i know there are a lot of variants. seems like with all my searching i would have found a list of all the trailers ever made. OD Iron didnt seem to have what i was looking for when i searched it, or i didnt find it correctly.

Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thay made the 108, at least 1/2 a dozen SSers have them , the 275 pulled 6t single axle trailers

gunboy1656

Which -10 are you looking in for the 108, the 209 or 361 series? Think the 209 talks about it a little, have not glanced through mine in a while.

As for the 275 question, most of the trailers are the single axle trailers. Find TM 43-0001-31, and look at the trailers. Each trailer lists what should be used to move it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've had both and still have the M108. If you want to view TM info on the M108 you will need to look at the 1965 versions of the 209 manuals or TM9-8022. The newer multi part 209s and 361 manuals don't cover the gassers. AS far as towing with the M275A2, yeah they are under powered. Anything more than 20,000# becomes a pain in the back side. I've towed bunches of trailers with mine. I had an M447C expandible for it but it was just too heavy for regular use. The ideal trailers for the M275A2 in my opinion are the M146 van trailer, M118 single axle flat bed and the M119 box trailer. The M348 and M373 are decent too but are getting heavy.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think it would be neat to have a M275 and have a single axle flat bed trailer to pull. Is the value of a M275 worth more than a M35A2? I would think so only because of the rarity of them, right?

Were most of the M108's gassers? seems like the ones i remember seeing all did not have the air intake mushroom on the side, so that means it was a gasser.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All M108s were gassers. Many have been repowered with a multifuel. As far as the 275, the M118 trailer is a 6 ton single axle flatbed and is just the ideal setup for a deuce tractor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks