• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275A2 Fuel Tanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyone here that is working on or needs a drivers side fuel tank for the M275A2 tractor or the M58A2 swb chassis/ cab? These could also be used on the M47 and M59 dump trucks too but have the provision for the in tank pump. A member has stumbled onto a little stash of them NOS in the crate, nearly perfect in every way even with the sending unit for the gauge. We would have to pay for his fuel so figure on about $200 per tank delivered to the GA rally. If there is no interest in this, he will not return to the site to get any. There may be a half dozen or more available. For those with SWB deuces, these tanks are not common in any sense of the word.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
kenny, do you have any pics of a 275a2 on the drivers side? Does the this tank use the same pump/sender as a cargo? I am trying to decide if one of these would help my space issues.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kenny.......I have a 275 but my tank seems to be OK...I would say bring them to the rally for trade goods.....I might need a spare.....or maybe take a regular deuce and make a "Clone" 275 out of it.....the ideas......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would but I'm not footing the bill for them. These will be pre-sold or they will stay where they are. I'm poor and can't afford to tie up the money in rare tanks.

BugEyeBear

Do you have dimensions of the tank? (Length, Width, Height, RAdius, etc.) & port locations & sizes?

I have a couple of possible applications in mind...

-Bear-

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Could someone who has a 275 please measure the distance between back of the cab and the rearward most point on the tank?
also, how does the tank mount? does it use 3 hangers/straps?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to have an M275A2 and could measure it but now I don't so I can't offer any dimensions. Best we could probably do is like BFR asked, get a member that has one to take some detailed pics and hit it with a stick. Joel, it has 3 hangars similar (but different dimensionally) to a regular deuce tank.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
just drove over and measured my truck...
If the tank extends less than 27" behind the back of the cab I want one.

Monkeyboyarmy

I just measured mine. 57 inches long,20 1/4 inches behind the cab.There is about 1 1/2 inches between the front fender and the tank.Let me know if you need any other measurements or pictures.

Reactions: BFR
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks