• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275A2 Gets Ouversons & Guages

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I chose Ouverson hubs for my M275A2. I've installed them before the Air-Shift goes in to make drivability on my 800 mile round trip to barstow better. So far my road tests show a big improvement in smoothness going down the road. Can't tell that the sprag is engaged. I'm also going to install one of my an Air-O-Matics soon as well.

Still in the process of installing the guages, I installed the sensor post turbo. Wires aren't dressed yet but thought I'd get a few pictures up. The guage pods came from US Diesel as did the guages. The pods and hubs will be painted green. I'm installing 2 24v to 12v converters. One for the guage lights (led backlighting) and one constant 12v for accessories and guage power.

I also moved the rear light mounts and changed to metal lights with new lenses.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ed, Thanks, If I were to pick the favorite of my motor pool, it's probably my M275A2. It'll be getting a winch as well. The data plate (NOS replacement) shows it as an M275A2 w/w

As far as flat tow or trailer, I'm driving the tractor to Barstow to get the M128A2C I won a month or so ago.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Devin, I thought gage looked wrong, I need to get some sleep. I'll probably head out there the week of the 25th. I've got 3 deuces out there now as well. Do you have something to pick up? Or are you thinking of taking a drive?

I'm thinking about my route, On my way out, I'll probably go 10 to Quartzsite then up to the 40. On the way back, I'd like to stay away from civilization (San Bernardino ect). so that probably means taking the same route back. Lots of long hills on the 40 between Barstow and Needles. M128A2C weighs about 15,500 lbs.

I've got some stuff to pick up from Dave Walker and would also like to get to The Brothers yard in Fontana. I think on the deuce recoveries, I'll have a bit more flexibility in routing, we'll see. Would be good to see ya if you can come out. Would like to see Gary as well.

I'd like to make it to one of the So. Cal get togethers. Anyway, let me know.

Take care,

Hey Kevin,

I have been really busy and out of town a lot so I haven't been on the site much but caught this thread.

I would love to hook up with you again out in Fontana but I am going out deep sea fishing off San Miguel Sat night-Sunday evening with a friends charter group.
I opted to stay off the hwy on Memorial weekend this year. But with the cost of fuel I'll bet a lot of RV's will be staying in the driveway.

You sure have a nice collection of iron in your corral. Do you have a large lot to keep them all on or do you have to put them in a storage facility?

You still have the NAPCO? I had to let my '59 3/4 ton go due to needed room for house building. It was either that or the Deuce so guess what vehicle won?
I still have the new rebuilt 292 long block on the engine stand and another rebuilt 292 short block - both 0 hours on them if you or anyone needs one.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Maccus,

Sure, I'll get some shots for ya. It may be this weekend before I can get to it. Yes, only 2 lines. And yes, exhaust at the valve. I do believe that the valve is a bit different on my M52A2. Possibly just the manufacturer or model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks