• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M295A1/ M447C trailer brake parts

Rumpeltiltskin

So I'm going through the brakes on my new to me trailer. the van mounted to the trailer is a m447c, the military calls it a "shop". The brakes don't work hardly at all so I tried bleeding and adjusting and finally had to disassemble one of them. The only one I've gotten apart so far has a broken spring "who knows how long that has been rolling around in there" and the bottom wheel cylinder is leaking. So my question is who/where do I get parts from? I'm hoping I can just get them from napa or car quest? The parts look pretty new and the shoes have very little wear on them, probably because they were installed wrong and never worked. There is a number 19207 stamped on some of the parts. The trailer is a 1980 vintage and it is a 6 lug bolt pattern if that helps. Also I'm pulling it with a 1990 kenworth T800

stb64

you need a copy of technical manual TM 9-2330-238-14&P.
other than where to get parts, it will tell you everything you need to know.
19207 is the FSCM federal code of manufacturer.

Rumpeltiltskin

Thank you for the link to the tech manual....very informative! So now where do I get new parts? Is anything going to be off the shelf anywhere or am I going to have to order from somewhere online? What about tires? Where do you guys get your tires? These are 9.00-20 size and only 8 ply. I would like to get 10 ply if possible?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably going to have to order online. Many of the brake parts on the M295 chassis are the same with the M105A2 trailers.

RAYZER

If its a 6ton axle the wheel cylinders might be 1 5/8" (I have a bunch of these rebuild kits), doe's your brake assembly look like this?uploadfromtaptalk1392575105895.jpg

Rumpeltiltskin

It looks similar to that but not exactly. It is a dual wheel cylinder setup like that but the spring arrangement looks different. I think there would just be 2 springs...one on top and one on bottom from shoe to shoe

Rumpeltiltskin

What's a good place to order parts from? A quick google search didn't come up with any trailer parts? Are these brakes the same as any of the trucks?

Rumpeltiltskin

M241a1/ m447c trailer brake parts

I just realized I mis typed my topic heading THE MODEL OF THE TRAILER CHASSIS IS 295A1. I don't know where I came up with 241a1. Too many beverages maybe lol. My brother drove around Denver all day today looking for the spring and a wheel cylinder or a rebuild kit and came up with nothing. One place he found is ordering a different wheel cylinder that we might be able to use the guts out of. I can't believe none of you guys know where I can get parts like this?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will correct the title on this thread, no need to start a new one. I'm pretty certain that the parts interchange with the M105. Since it's your trailer, why not invest some time and get the part numbers (NSNs) out of the TM and start a google search? That's how I got brake parts for my M447C. You reap what you sow.

Rumpeltiltskin

I am many hours deep into google search and several phone calls and still haven't had any luck locating the spring. I have several different part numbers now from a tm and haven't had much luck with any of them. I've got a couple different truck parts stores looking up the Meritor part number which is 2258M403

Rumpeltiltskin

Well it looks like a fellow member is going to help me out big time! Jks587 has a couple extra springs and he is going to hook me up with a couple! You guys are great. Especially since I am a new member and all. I will do my best to pay it forward back to you guys

Rumpeltiltskin

Jks587 hooked me up big time! Sent me plenty of extra springs for free! He wouldn't even let me pay shipping. Hopefully I will be able to pay it forward to you guys on here some day...I'm just waiting on my new wheel cylinders to come in and I should be up and rolling, pardon the pun.

Rumpeltiltskin

Got everything put back together yesterday. Now I just have to get my truck freed up so I can hook back up and bleed the brakes. Then I should be ready to go!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks