• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M332 air line (parts)

JCKnife

I have a great M332 ammo trailer that I can't wait to get home and work on (it's being stored at my employer's shop in Ohio until I can pick it up).

In looking it over I found some notes inside the box in the front, including an inspection tag from May 2009 stating "Air service line dry rotted."

I have the TM and I will read up on how to replace, but my question at this point revolves around parts: what can I use to replace that air line / hose? Just some standard air hose with the proper connectors, I would guess? I doubt there is any NOS M332 air hoses floating around out there...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually some mil spec air lines on ebay. It is supposed to be DOT approved line.

Scrounger

The M332 trailer has two air lines; one is the service line (yellow or blue) the other is the emergency (red) line. The air lines on these trailers as well as the 105’s, 103’s and MKT’s etc. is just standard air line that is used for over the road trucks. It is available at most places that sell parts for OTR trucks. To replace the line all one has to do is take the fittings apart at the glad hand end and the end where it attaches to the trailer. There is a brass ferrule that slide over the line and crimps down when the fitting is tightened. When installing the fitting the tapered end faces the glad hand and the square end is pushed with the nut. It is quite obvious when they are taken apart. The line costs around $2 a foot and you will need two ferrules for each line. And if one line is bad it probably wouldn’t hurt to replace the other one while you are at it.

JCKnife

Awesome, thanks guys. I figured it would be simple. Can't wait to get started!

I assume it's perfectly safe to pull behind a deuce without the air lines even hooked up...especially empty...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks