• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34 difference

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the chance to get a M34 for my favorite price. FREE! I just have to drag it home. Im going to look at it this weekend. I'm told it's a m34 with the bed missing and still a gasser. And that it has 11.00-20's with singles in the rear. Is the axle spacing different in the rear. I know the bed was different like the 211/135's were. I'd like to put my old non dropside bed from my M35a2 on it. And i wanted to make sure it would clear the tires.

houdel

The M34 Eager Beaver was equipped with single 11:00-20s and had a narrower bed and wheel wells in the bed sides for extra suspension travel. M35s had 9:00-20 duals and a wider flat bed. However, I think the M34 bed was lower than the M35 bed as well. A lot of folks run 11:00s and 12:00s on M35s so I doubt you will have a problem. When it cools off and I can find a tape measure I'll take a few measurements so you can compare.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ken said:
Is the axle spacing different in the rear....
If you mean the distance between axles, its the same as on M35s : 48"

I'd like to put my old non dropside bed from my M35a2 on it. And i wanted to make sure it would clear the tires.
Check out this ex-gasser M35: 12.00R20 XMLs mounted on M34 wheels with the bed lifted about 1.5". No interference reported!

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't seen the truck yet. But i was under the impression theat the only difference was a hub flip. As far as the axles go. I will probally install 10 9.00-20's and the old M35 bed.

houdel

ken said:
I haven't seen the truck yet. But I was under the impression that the only difference was a hub flip. As far as the axles go. I will probably install 10 9.00-20's and the old M35 bed.
Now I get the picture. That will work fine as long as you flip the rear hubs back to the dual position. I thought you were going to retain single 11:00-20s on the rear, which is what I would do.

M34 and M35 beds are quite a bit different, as mentioned in my first post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks