• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M34 Tailgate question.

52USMCM34

Hi all! I have a 52 M34 that Me and my Father have been working on for sometime now. We picked up another bed at a farm acution for $25, the tailgate is really rough but is salvageable. The tailgate appears to be different than anyother tailgate Ive seen on a 34 though. I was wondering if anyone could please ID this tailgate and its use! thanks in advance![thumbzup]

Attachments

AZDeuce

I have a M135 that has that same tailgate, yours is the only other one I have seen. Mine needs to be put in a press and straightened out.

The big hollow spot on your gate should house a fold down step, so that when you open the tailgate, you can loosen the latches to the step.

Mine won't function properly due to it being backed into something, but someday I'll get it off the truck and fight it with a hydraulic press.

Osar

My tailgate is missing on my 51' M34. I have only seen one correct tailgate for that year ever. Wish I remembered which field it was sitting in and the guy's name that owned it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks