• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342A2 on GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchhopper

I have been reading the posts on putting dump beds on deuces here lately.I have been buying trucks for some time now from GL but I do not remember ever seeing one of these listed.Are harder to find than the five ton version or still in use and not put up for auction very often.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M342's...................

Not many were built in the first place and many of them are already out of the system. A few have come up in the last year or so, but they went for big money.

In my humble opinion, they are great for collectors, but with all the cheap M817's coming out, that's what I'd buy if I wanted a REAL dump truck.

For me, my little deuce cargo dumper does the job and then some. :D

ranchhopper

I am going to put a hoist under one of my deuces dont have room for three so buying it is out of the question.The hoist setup on those trucks is one I have not seen before.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please read the rules about posting auction information. The issue is not whether or not someone can get it for $150 or not, Mike. The issue is posting auction information is against the rules of this site. Like it or not...those are Chris' rules.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My little post was a joke on myself, from when I used to post auction info prior to an auction, and people would reply "now I'll never get it for $50". I spoke in jest, and you thought I was serious. C'mon, you really think that I thought I was going to get that truck for minimum bid? :roll:

zak

There is one for sale in this issue of MV's magazine. I can't remember how much though. While a 5 ton is more common and practical, mine works well for my uses. When I get time I'll fix the rust on the box, fenders and then paint it.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that no one will get a great deal on this one. I'd be very surprised if it went for less $7500 but if it does, it might get driven to FL.

98hd

Anyone ever converted a standard deuce to a tipper? I heard a rumor of where a bed might be located. Are there alot of differences between the two trucks chassis? I've been told the wheelbase is the same.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
zak said:
There is one for sale in this issue of MV's magazine. I can't remember how much though. While a 5 ton is more common and practical, mine works well for my uses. When I get time I'll fix the rust on the box, fenders and then paint it.
Yes, It's located in New Hamshire. Gas burner. With winch (I think). I don't have the mag in front of me but I think the price was $2,500. It didn't say what kind of shape it was in but I was going to buy it if it had been closer to home. If it would roll on a trailer it was worth $2,500.

mhassett

I take Chris's rules serously, and I like them as I also bid on GL.
I would like to see you guys abide by them.
MHassett

ranchhopper

My simple question as a new member seems to rub some guys the wrong way.It was a QUESTION not an advertisement for GL I see posts from members about the trucks their watching and planning to buy from GL or ebay and thats fine I guess asking questions as to the rarity of a MV on ebay or GL is just wrong there was no mention of numbers dates etc.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't seen a link to an ongoing GL auction that hasn't been deleted in a long time ( since the rule). I have seen people post links after the auction is over. This site has a strong stance aginst colusion and posting a link to a truck you are bidding on could be considered as such.

Nobody is mad at you. Just don't post links to ongoing auctions :wink: .

dm22630

ranchhopper said:
My simple question as a new member seems to rub some guys the wrong way.It was a QUESTION not an advertisement for GL I see posts from members about the trucks their watching and planning to buy from GL or ebay and thats fine I guess asking questions as to the rarity of a MV on ebay or GL is just wrong there was no mention of numbers dates etc.
I agree

BUT....I do see why people would get mad if an auction that they were going to bid on is getting extra attention because of it.

On the other hand.....it IS on GL's main page as a clickable link.

Who knows....this is obviously a gray area....

2cents

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
The darned thing is rotating through the advertisement above, no harm no foul.
And when I read this thread, I didn't even think he was saying there was an M342 on GL, I thought he was asking if they were ever seen on GL!

mangus580

Damnit all... The rule CLEARLY states....

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis.If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK. Posting a link to your eBay listing is OK. If it looks frivolous, and I know that is very subjective, then it will be deleted or edited by myself or a moderator. Think about why you are posting about item X. Would you still post it if you were bidding on it? If you have someone in mind for it, send them a PM. Don't clog up the forum with a bunch of fluff postings.
I am sick of people bitching at each and every damn post of a link. You guys know who you are. There isnt much more unique than a M342 is there? Maybe an M756 or M108? I consider these all damn unique at GL.

Until the rule is changed to say NO GL link posting, this is how it is.

If a like is posted and its deemed unique by me, I will delete the bitching post instead!

I am sick of it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i dont think he even posted a link, a aution #, or anything. all he was asking was "is this truck rare" because he had never seen on gl before and him being a new be makes sence

Jakob

clinto said:
Recovry4x4 said:
The darned thing is rotating through the advertisement above, no harm no foul.
And when I read this thread, I didn't even think he was saying there was an M342 on GL, I thought he was asking if they were ever seen on GL!
This is what I thought too until people started ranting about how there's a 342 on GL now. I thought he was just asking if they ever showed up. IMO, the OP didn't reveal the auction, but the people bitching about it revealed it... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks