• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35-A2 price check?

Elohim1

There is a fellow near me who has a 1970 m35-A2 for $3K . It has the Continental diesel with 40K miles. No lock-outs,soft top. It looks to be in good cond., with a little rust in the doors and around windows. It has 900 -20 tires which are pretty worn. he said he would add 11 like new 1100 tires and one more wheel for an additional $650.

Is this a fair deal ?

What questions should I ask him ?

location should show up , i am assuming that is why my first post was deleted. If not please email me as to whats wrong.

Thanks,

Chris in Oxford, Ohio

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good deal to me, I paid $3,300 for my deuce ten years ago.
Test drive it! You probably only need 7ea 1100 tires since dual 1100's would be an overkill.
Mounted, new 1100's will run 100-150 bucks a piece.

Pappa-G

Be sure to check the regular stuff. Be sure the oil pressure is good, the manuals call for a minimum of 10lbs at idle. when the motor is warm. You'll have to cover the radiator with card board or some thing to get it up to 190 deg..This way you can be sure the temp gage is working along with the thermostat. Once its warm look at the exhaust, there shouldn't be any smoke - blue = oil, black = unburnt fuel, white = water vapor.

Also make sure all the lights work, screwed up wiring can be a nightmare! check the volt meter, the needle should be at or to the right of the white tic mark in the green. If its below chances are you're reading battery voltage and the generator isn't putting out.

When you test drive it listen for any odd noises, the tranny should not be louder in any one gear than any other. Let go of the wheel when you brake. Does it pull one way or another? It should go straight.

What questions should you ask him ?

Ask:

How long have you owned it?

Why are you selling?

What work have you had done?

How many miles a year did you drive it?

What is wrong with it?

What "might be needing attention"

Have you ever had any problems with it? What were they?

Best of Luck [thumbzup] ~ Pappa-G

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks