• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 a2 reo

silver fox

hi

having trouble with reo, she will run for approximately 5 miles and then she will start to splutter as if she is starved of fuel, sometimes she will travel 100 miles then develop same problem. normally when going up hill. last time out she did 4 miles then stopped completely, she re-started and ran for 1/2 a mile and stopped again. i have new filters plenty of fuel and problem still occurs. i have disconnected pipe to first filter and run it back in the top of fuel tank. when turning on ignition fuel flows at full bore

can anybody help with solution

thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Do the same test with the fuel line that goes to the FDC/hydraulic head. Sometimes the fuel line under the frame gets smashed. If yotu have good fuel flow to the head, it might be a bad plunger or booster pump. Has the truck ever run "normal"? You swapped in new filters in all 3 housings?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you opened the primary filter to make sure it hasn't gotten plugged right away? What is the cond of the fuel in the tank? If the fuel line under the frame, from the primary housing to the IP's booster pump isn't smashed, I would think the IP is going bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks