• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 a2 vs m35 a3

Mike2

Will be buying one or the other very shortly. What are the advantages/ disadvantages of each???? Which would you choose if you had it to do all over again???

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The quick and dirty:

A2- Multifuel engine, 5 speed manual, very simple in design

A3- Cat diesel engine, automatic, CTIS (problematic to say the least), ugly front end, 3pt belt, electric wipers, and small nick nacks like that.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've never owned a A3, but I don't believe I'd ever buy one. (Unless it's less than $3K)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Mike2

Sorry bout that guys, new to the site and just starting to explore. Guess asking that questions is akin to asking which is better 9mm or 45??? ak vs ar??? Green bay vs Steelers??? Thanks for the input. Still leaning toward the A3.

steelandcanvas

M35A2, I prefer my carry: a 40 cal Glock, don't care about football, my Dodge/Cummins has been very good to me, can do with or without beans in my chili, and Mary Ann not Ginger! :cool:

TexAndy

A2s have a higher top speed.
A3s have greater available power.

A2s CAN have electric wipers. Most have the original air-powered wipers. Which suck.
A3s have power steering. A2s do not. Or maybe air-assist steering (upgrade).

The A3s come with singled out radials. Usually Michelin XLs.
The A2s come with dual NDTs.

The A2s either have a box seat (horrible) or a springer seat (tolerable).
The A3s have a nice weight adjustable trucker seat.

Awesome Possum

roflroflroflroflrofl

Look up wreckerman893 and read some of his latest posts...nothing bad meant by that comment...at least not THAT bad

roflroflroflrofl
No offense taken. My son (Badga the Badger) has warned me about wreckerman893's deep love of all things Possum! It was just funny that as I wrote my first remark the possum thing came up. My timing's always been perfect that way.....:grin:

roscoe

A2s have a higher top speed.
A3s have greater available power.

A2s CAN have electric wipers. Most have the original air-powered wipers. Which suck.
A3s have power steering. A2s do not. Or maybe air-assist steering (upgrade).

The A3s come with singled out radials. Usually Michelin XLs.
The A2s come with dual NDTs.

The A2s either have a box seat (horrible) or a springer seat (tolerable).
The A3s have a nice weight adjustable trucker seat.

But I like my air wipers (easily adjustable speed) and the lack of power steering keeps the weaklings at bay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks