• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 A3 demand?

wsucougarx

Hello guys. I'm inquiring to see if anyone is interested in a M35A3. The reason I am asking is I know of someone who may be getting rid of his. I am not sure what the demand is on this particular truck but it appears to be in outstanding shape and has below 20k and less than 500 hours. It has the standard A3 platform w/Cat diesel and Allison auto tranny. I do not have any pictures just yet but I was just checking on what something would be worth.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are definitely some people interested out there, but a lot of it depends on where the truck is. The fact that it is a private owner selling it with a clear title hopefully, is worth something by itself. GL prices have been between $6500 and $13,000 in the last six months. Last year, when they first came up for auction, they were going in the high teens. The last round to come out of Barstow have all been in the $6-8k range. Dealer prices have been around $15-17k lately. Somewhere between auction price and dealer price would be a good start. Maybe $11-14k depending on condition, location, and w/w or wo/w.

M1075

Don't forget about the guy that paid $45K+ a few years back for the first one through GL. Now that was a real bargain!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone once told me that something is worth what someone will pay for it. With that said, the M35A3s are either way overpriced or other trucks are underpriced. I think Chris is correct with his price ranges. The thing I can't understand, though, is how an M35A3 will bring in the range of $13K when you can get a nice M923 for that price. Heck, Chris basically gave his M923A2 away for $15K...and, worst of all, he had no takers for the longest time! I'd take an M923A2 over an M35A3 any day of the week...there is no comparison between the two.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but in some places, you need a CDL to drive a 5-ton truck. If the deuce is the biggest MV you can drive WITHOUT the hassle of getting a CDL, it may be worth the extra $$$ to someone.

I would be interested in owning a M35A3, but the prices are still too high for my tastes.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: M35 A3 demand?

BKubu said:
Heck, Chris basically gave his M923A2 away for $15K...and, worst of all, he had no takers for the longest time! I'd take an M923A2 over an M35A3 any day of the week...there is no comparison between the two.
Thanks for reminding me :lol: I still have nightmares about that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks