• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 alternator pulley needed

Blythewoodjoe

I need just the pulley for a 60 alternator. I am going to have it bored out to fit a larger alternator. If any of you guys have one for sale I need one. Used is good. Still attached to an alternator is bad, but if the price is right that will work too.

If any body knows if any dealers might have one that would nice as well.

Thanks guys,
Joe Trapp

houdel

Got a pair of spare 60A alternators, haven't even thought of pulling a pulley off. Give me a hint on how it happens and I can probably work something out with you. I generally prefer to trade parts, but cash always works as a last resort! PM me if you are interested.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many years ago I bought a new one from George at White Owl. Had em in stock but was around $40 IIRC

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: M35 alternator pulley needed

houdel said:
Give me a hint on how it happens
I think they are hard to remove. I was going to make a puller but decided to keep my 60 amp for a spare in case the big one doesn't work right. I think I will call a few dealers if it's a chance they might have one. If I can't find one there I will get with you about one of yours. I think I will make a puller out of a piece of 6 x 4 square tubing so I can easily pull them in the future. It nice to have a large scrap steel pile, band saw, torch and shop full of old truck parts and bolts :D

Thanks for the offer,
Joe Trapp

Blythewoodjoe

RE: Re: RE: M35 alternator pulley needed

I didn't have a puller quite big enough. I would expect a larger multi-jaw would work.

I ordered a take off from White owl an hour ago. $25 plus shipping. They had new ones for $35 but I'm too cheap. I have not bought from White owl before.

Thanks for the tip,
Joe Trapp

Barrman

Don't hammer the new one on. It will push the shaft back and screw stuff up. A little lubricant, line up the key ways and a few gentle taps should get it on far enough for the nut to thread. Run it in without the washer, remove it and then put the washer on for the final tightenening.

A regular 3 legged puller will remove the pulleys from the 25 amp or 60 amp generator/altrnators.

Barrman

Of course, that will work great too. I was giving the "Wife is home and doesn't know I can actually use the oven" scenario.

Armada

I was giving the "Wife is home and doesn't know I can actually use the oven" scenario.
rofl rofl

I ordered a take off from White owl an hour ago. $25 plus shipping. They had new ones for $35 but I'm too cheap. I have not bought from White owl before.
White Owl is a 'top shelf' company. They are great to do business with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks