• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 and M108 moving wood

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went and grabbed some firewood for the year. Cherry slab wood, 5 bundles, 3-4000lbs a piece. Bundles are 4-5 feet in diameter, and 11-13 feet long. About 140 miles away. Already have 4 of the bundles cut and stacked in the basement. Was a LONG drive home, with most hills at 30-40 mph. Deuce ran without a hitch, and the M108 made easy work of moving the wood.

Dennis

Attachments

bgekky3

Stretch, where did you get the wood? I was going to get some around here for $8.00 a bundle. Years ago they delivered it for free, then charged a delivery fee, now you have to pay for it.

offroaddiesel

we used to get wood ,birch cherry ash etc. from a dowel mill for free then went up a couple of bucks a bundle now the mills are closed .none open around here , just wondering how much a bundle steve from western maine

Out here in northern AZ. We use cherry for fine furniture and cabinets. Your lucky to find a Cherry tree at a green house, its 1 to 2 inches around and $40.00 a pop! We burn Juniper, Pine, Cottonwood and Mesquite if Your really lucky You get Oak. Even in the desert Oak takes a year or more to cure out.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slacker?!? Man, don't go to work and I'm a slacker....

The wood does end up in furniture, I just get the slabs. Did find a 4x6 piece of cherry 10 foot long in the pile. Judging by the slabs, some of the trees were huge. Little bit of walnut mixed in.

It's 10 a bundle, which is one of the reasons it's 140 mile trip. Lot of sawmills closer, but the wood is soft wood, and very fresh. This stuff was about 2 months old, and pretty dry. Located near the 70/77 interchange, I can't even remember the name of the town. Amish guy, way back a dirt road, lot of sawmills in that area. Only reason I knew the place was a friend has a cabin on the same road.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks