• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 bed bolts... #, kind, etc????

EAdams

My situation: getting a 52 M35 sans bed, been checking out pics of a bed to put on it but it does not have bolts. My question is what king of bolts and nuts do I need, misc hardware, and where can I get them? Napa? Home Depot? Lowes?? Help.... :)

Note PN#s, etc would be awesome...

shenkmen

Hi there,

I'm digging up an old thread as I have the same question.

I'm not near my 70 M35A2 and would like to buy the necessary bed bolts for a bed swap ahead of time. I've scoured SS and and the -20P TM and cannot find the info.

What size bolts are needed? How many of each? I assume there are two types required for the spring mounts and hard mounts.

Thanks much.

shenkmen

Thanks Chuck.

So it looks like 10 total are required for the standard bed and are .75 inches diameter. All bolts require flat washers and self locking nuts.

The 6 for the hard mounts are 5305-00-926-1826 and should be 1.750 inches minimum 1.938 inches maximum length.

The 4 for the spring mounts are NSN 5306-01-178-7300 and should be a minimum 8.906 length. Didn't see a maxim length for this one.

I'll go with these dimensions in Grade 8 and report back if nobody corrects me.

Here is a link the TM9-2320-361-24P manual on Jatonka's site - http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/TM9-2320-361-24P.pdf

Thanks all.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe those bolts and nuts are fine thread as well, Although course threads should work as well with self locking nuts.

stumps

I believe those bolts and nuts are fine thread as well, Although course threads should work as well with self locking nuts.
Yes, I am certain that they are fine thread. Fine threaded fasteners are more immune to coming loose due to vibration, and they are a little stronger. They also give greater clamping force for a given wrench torque.

-Chuck

shenkmen

The bolts required are as follows...

3/4 x 3 inch bolts - qty 6
5/8 x 9 inch bolts - qty 4

The above bolts are fine threads. I used grade 8.

The bed was blasted, primed and painted with rapco 383 substitute. Pics attached.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I hope you put those dog bones on before you put that bed on! Nice truck, and 831 Stones! I am kind of envious.

shenkmen

I hope you put those dog bones on before you put that bed on! Nice truck, and 831 Stones! I am kind of envious.
Unfortunately no. The bed went on 2.5 months ago. The dogbones are going to be my January project.

Glad you dig my deuce. I love those tires. That new bed removed 95% of the rust on my truck.

Cheers