• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC m35 insurance and tagging

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IN SC you will be getting a 'property carrying' tag that depends on the maximum weight declared for the truck. A deuce with a declared maximum cargo of 3,000 pounds will cost about $109 a year for the tag, if you go for the max value on-road, you would be talking about a GVW of about 24,000, which will cost you more than double that for the tag. And good luck getting insurance! Most of us here in SC are NOT going for a daily driver, and thus get antique auto insurance, valid for less than 2,500 miles a year of driving. Another sometimes sketchy route is to register the truck as a 'farm vehicle', but you must prove the farm operation either by ownership or lease of the property. Then you are limited to driving no more than 150 miles from the farm property. Farm tags are $50 a year.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in TEXAS. Therefore to contribute would be utterly worthless and not applicable to your South Carolina location and INSURANCE LAWS.

Therefore, I have simply subscribed to this thread as a casual spectator.... very interested spectator, but just a watcher nonetheless. (I have a cousin in Anderson SC who occasionally thinks he wants a deuce.)

dstang97

IN SC you will be getting a 'property carrying' tag that depends on the maximum weight declared for the truck. A deuce with a declared maximum cargo of 3,000 pounds will cost about $109 a year for the tag, if you go for the max value on-road, you would be talking about a GVW of about 24,000, which will cost you more than double that for the tag. And good luck getting insurance! Most of us here in SC are NOT going for a daily driver, and thus get antique auto insurance, valid for less than 2,500 miles a year of driving. Another sometimes sketchy route is to register the truck as a 'farm vehicle', but you must prove the farm operation either by ownership or lease of the property. Then you are limited to driving no more than 150 miles from the farm property. Farm tags are $50 a year.
I’m farm and they told me there are no restrictions. I even got pulled over 600 miles from SC in my pickup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks